|Easy to get to from Phoenix||Too hot for summer riding|
|Shoulder season mecca||Lack of fun post riding spots and lack of nightlife|
|Lots of trail options||Very touristy, think pink jeep tours. Just pass them while you bike and wave|
|Lots of trails for the advanced to the expert rider to test out their skills|
Sedona is considered by many one of the most beautiful places in America to visit. Geographically, Sedona rests in a transition zone between the Colorado Plateau and Upper Sonoran Desert. This sacred and powerful place is home to several spiritual energy vortexes, as well as an extensive trail system with unparalleled options for mountain biking and hiking. Sedona offers astounding red rock vistas and is a perfect destination for the off-season months when the rest of the country’s trails are covered in snow.
MUST RIDE TRAILS
- So many incredible trails – mainly Intermediate/Advanced, but some beginner-friendly options exist
- Check out 6 best intermediate rides in Sedona article
SEDONA IS BEST KNOWN FOR
- Off-season riding. When it’s too cold for the rest of the country, head down to Sedona. Sedona is probably the best known mountain bike town in Arizona… for good reason.
WHERE TO RENT BIKES
- Rent a bike online at Sedona Bike and Bean, and grab a latte from them pre-ride
- OTE Sedona also carries the hottest line up of mountain bikes from several amazing brands.
WHERE TO CAMP FOR FREE
- There are a lot of options for free camping, we camped off the main drag 525 which was slightly busy, but gave us quick access to town and getting to trails
- Road 525 (or Loy Butte Rd) can be busy, but make sure you stick to one of the established parking/camping spots and don’t just forge your own spot in the desert
OTHER OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES
- Jeep tours/off-roading, pass them and wave on your bike ride 🙂
- Yoga retreats and hiking to healing vortexes
BEST TIME TO VISIT
- Spring and fall are the best times to visit, it’s very hot in the summer
- Winter can be a great time to ride too, temps are usually in the 50s in Dec/Jan and up to the 60s by February – it’s also the best time to save money on hotels and other accommodation