|Ride right out of town||More city than a town|
|Camp right off the trail network||Trails can be dusty without the right moisture, high desert conditions|
|Downhill options at Mt. Bachelor|
|Breweries and awesome food options|
Mountain Biking Bend Oregon
Bend is no longer a secret… but that certainly doesn’t mean that it should be overlooked. In fact, it’s one of the best mountain biking destinations out there! Plus, it’s an amazing location along the Deschutes River on the eastern edge of the Cascade Range make it a prime destination for paddling, hiking, skiing, and more. It’s also known for its many tasty microbreweries – so finish off your ride with a cold one!
Bend Mountain Bike Trails
Once you get on a bike in Bend, Oregon, you’ll know why it’s considered a prime biking destination in the country. With over 277 miles – and counting! – of flowy, challenging singletrack, you have seemingly endless choices for mountain biking. All of Bend’s MTB trails are impressively maintained and range from beginner-friendly tracks and scenic cross country routes, to technical downhill and dirt biking. The area’s lift-served bike park on nearby Mt. Bachelor makes downhill biking in Bend, Oregon extra exhilarating.
MUST RIDE TRAILS
- Phils Trail System
- So much to choose from here, for all levels – beginner to advanced
- Our Bend Mountain Bike Trail Guide details all of our favorite rides!
WHERE TO CAMP FOR FREE
- Forest Road 300 Deschutes National Forest – you are camped practically on top of the mountain bike trails – Ride on/ Ride off!
WHERE TO RENT BIKES
- Rent online from Hutch’s Bike Shop – they are located right in town and have a great lineup of premium bikes for rent
- Project Bike is one of the coolest bike shops as they are a full on demo shop
BEND IS BEST KNOWN FOR
- Although it is not as small as some of the other towns on our list and could technically be on a ‘city’ list, (it does have a Whole Foods after all), Bend is one of the most outdoorsy towns in the country. In addition to hundreds of miles of fantastic riding close to town, Bend has tons of great microbreweries, restaurants and the Deschutes River running right through town.
OTHER OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES
- Paddling the Deschutes River
- Visiting Newberry National Monument
Best Time To Visit Bend
The best time to visit Bend, Oregon is from June to September when the mild weather encourages outdoor summer activities. Winter activities include skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing and cross-country skiing, mostly centered around nearby Mt. Bachelor.
Mountain Bike Rental Bend Oregon
TripOutside features the best local shops in Bend, Oregon for gear rental and outdoor adventures.