Boundary Waters Canoe Area Outfitting
We are an experienced, professional canoe trip outfitter based in downtown Ely, MN. The quaint town of Ely is the gateway to the world-renowned Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness. Sharing the wilderness is our passion. Our trail-wise staff, quality ultralight outfitting equipment, and outstanding personalized service connect people with life-changing canoe adventures that re-energize, restore, and rejuvenate. Book today for your ultimate Boundary Waters Canoe Area Outfitting.
We pride ourselves on providing top notch customer service, expert routing, and making trip planning fun and simple. We specialize in sharing skills for exceptional first experiences.
Rental / Outfitting Information
Our complete BWCA outfitting package is our best value. We take care of the details. You focus on the fun!
The complete outfitting package is the best way to ensure you have everything you need for your self-guided adventure. The only things you need to bring are the things you will wear and a first aid kit. We outfit you with the best ultralight Kevlar canoes, PFDs, waterproof maps, lightweight tents, sleeping bags and pads, compass, pots/pans, utensils, camp stove, water filter, camp chairs, pack saw, a food kit and portage packs to carry everything for your entire journey.
We will provide you with a detailed list of what you need to bring with every booking.
BWCA Complete Outfitting Package
|Boundary Waters Canoe Area Outfitting||Daily Rate|
Complete Outfitting includes:
- Expert trip planning and routing advice
- Thorough pre-trip orientation at our shop. We review your outfitting, show you how to use everything, answer your questions, and do a complete route-out sharing our favorite campsites, fishing hotspots, and points of interest. We also share advice on navigation, safety, leave-no-trace ethics, and how to get the most from your trip.
- Ultra-lightweight Kevlar canoes with comfy portage pads
- Premium bent shaft paddles
- Life vests
- Detailed waterproof navigation maps of your route (One free set per group. Yes, take these home with you!)
- Navigation compass with lanyard
- Deluxe camping food – Our guests rave about the menu. You’ll find signature local items made in Ely as well as Ely’s own gourmet coffee. We even pack snacks, s’mores, and optional individual packets of tartar sauce, lemon juice, and malt vinegar for your lakeside fish fry. With advance notice, we gladly accommodate dietary restrictions. Our food packages comply with BWCAW rules prohibiting metal cans and glass bottles. A great trip deserves great food!
- Color-coded food packing system
- Specialized food pack, with a waterproof liner
- Specialized portage packs (for camping equipment, clothing, and personal items), with waterproof liners
- Nylon stuff sacks to stow clothes in your portage pack
- Ultralight backcountry tents (in sizes rated for 1, 2, or 4 people)
- Quality lightweight coated nylon 10′ x 12′ rain tarp (ie, dining canopy) with attached rope
- Comfy, freshly laundered sleeping bags rated to 20 degrees F
- Self-inflating full-length sleeping pad
- Therm-A-Rest pack pillow
- Nesting cooking pots
- Deluxe fry pan griddle
- Specialized pot and griddle gripper handle
- Trail coffee press
- Plates, bowls, and cups
- Specialized Northwoods utensil bag designed to tie on a tree trunk for off-the-ground drying and storage
- Utensils including forks, spoons, knives, serving spoon, ladle, and spatula
- Water filter
- Souvenir personal water bottle for each participant (Yes, take these home with you!)
- Camp stove with pressurized fuel
- Crazy Creek camp chairs that also work for canoeing back support
- Toilet paper
- Hand sanitizer
- Folding bucket (for doing dishes and dousing your campfire)
- Dish-cleaning kit, including biodegradable soap, sponge, abrasive cleaning pad (SOS pad), and non-scratch pot scraper
- Matches and lighter
- Bear rope system for hanging food
- 50′ of utility cord (handy for a clothesline, extra guyline, securing a canoe, etc.)
- Trail saw
- Compact trail hammock
- Slap straps for safe, simple and tree-friendly hanging of hammock
- Small roll of duct tape
- Cook grate and trowel (Quetico only. BWCAW campsites have iron grates and latrines.)
- Shuttles to many Ely area entry points
- Hot showers on your return
- Superior service every step of the way
Looking for adventure, outfitting or gear rental in the eastern Boundary Waters? Check out our outfitters in Tofte, MN!