Online Rental Software Quiz
Are you a bike, paddle, or ski shop that rents out your gear? Are you looking for an easier solution to provide online rentals? Online rental software can be a big benefit for your business, but it also can be an large upfront investment of time and money. Take our handy quiz to see if you could benefit from online rental booking software, or whether you may not need it yet. We have also included a bonus section to explain the various software options and their benefits below.
The great news is, your shop can take advantage of TripOutside.com, the largest and fastest-growing gear rental marketplace, with or without rental software! TripOutside can send you incremental customers and bookings directly into your software, or via email if you don’t have software. Contact Us today for more information!
Software Options Guide
Below are some options for rental booking software, and their features/benefits and pricing:
- Ease of Access: FareHarbor is a cloud-based tour and activity booking solution that enables shops to manage their day-to-day business operations. Online booking management and payment portals and integration with shop websites. Designed to work on both desktop and mobile devices. Shops also get a comprehensive set of advanced reports to keep you on top of your accounting, bookings and operations, and powerful tools for custom pricing.
- Convenience: Customers can view tours and events, create bookings and submit payments using FareHarbor. The user dashboard provides a calendar, booking details and booking management tools through a single interface. In the calendar, tour operators can view customer payment details for individual activities and pending due. Bookings can be filtered by activity type, which allows users to see which activities and tours are being booked most often.
- Integration: Users can integrate FareHarbor with existing websites or use the service’s website building platform. Reporting features allow users to track operations, bookings and accounting in real time, and integrations with travel websites let shops promote their business through other channels.
- Pay per booking: Fareharbor pricing structure is a pay-per-booking model, only charged on the online reservations and not on the bookings created in-store.
- The per booking charges can be absorbed by the shop, or you have an option to pass those charges on to the customer.
- For details on pricing and suitable options for your business contact (855) 495-5551 or email the Fareharbor sales team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Integrated Bookings: BRM unites all information regarding bookings- whether walk-in, phone, email, online, agents etc. all in one place. One click to cancel, change, swap, book, pay, and more. It also manages your reservation receipts and stores customer notes regarding bike rentals, pedals, travel details and more. Integrated customer database allows communication and marketing.
- Scheduling & Tracking: Calendar-based management to schedule your equipment showing any gaps in bookings to be filled. Book and change multiple times each day with a click of a button. Ability to create a “buffer” to allow turnaround time.
- Inventory & Fleet Management: Powerful inventory management wherein every movement is logged so you can track the complete life cycle of your assets. BRM keeps a history of your data so you can check metrics, and has integrated maintenance options. Inventory reporting in seconds with the ability to barcode and scan all bikes. Customizable reporting on all aspects of your business.
- Pricing – choose among the following plans based on the size of your business:
- Pay per month model
- Bronze Plan: Unlimited tickets to up to 50 rental items for $59/mon
- Silver Plan: Unlimited tickets to up to 100 rental items for $89/mon
- Gold Plan: Unlimited tickets to up to 250 rental items for $149/mon
- Platinum Plan: Unlimited tickets to up to 1000 rental items for $259/mon
- Pay per month model
- Best suited for: Bike shops or gear rental shops that want barcode scanning and in-depth analysis of their rental inventory. The software goes in-depth on maintenance, point of sale integration with LightSpeed POS, rental profit reporting and more.
- Booking Management: With Peek Pro software sites can book customers even outside business hours when everybody is offline. This way you can never miss a booking and monitor your bookings from your resellers effortlessly. Real time information and updates help users avoid overbooking, complex check-ins, and long waiting times. Peek Pro is optimized for mobile devices, ensuring that websites are capable of booking and altering bookings for clients who are using their smartphones and tablets.
- Streamline Your Business: Manage and run your business on-the-go with mobile apps for iOS and Android. Reduce customer calls through fast online booking, self-rescheduling, and automated email systems. Automate your business systems by connecting to 750+ online business tools.
- Customer Convenience: Give your customers a fast, simple, mobile-friendly experience with a customizable booking flow. Streamline customer pickups and check-in with transportation management and custom manifests. Allow customers to easily book tours and activities at their convenience with request forms and invoice links.
- Pay per booking: Similar model as Fareharbor on pay per booking.
- No monthly fees, charges are per transaction plus a one-time low setup fee. For details on pricing and suitable options for your business contact 855-733-5776 or write to the Peek Pro sales team at email@example.com.
- Omni-Channel Mobile Booking and Reservation Software: Easily accept website bookings, phone reservations, in-person bookings, and re-seller orders with Xola’s online booking software. Xola’s mobile-optimized checkout delivers a booking experience on every device. Run your business on the go with the online booking app. Resource management allows you to share resources between tours.
- Growth and Marketing Tools: Custom reporting, conversion tracking, abandoned cart remarketing, automated customer review emails, and coupons, discounts and gifts to attract new customers and keep the old ones coming back.
- Affiliates and Partners: Xola partners with many travel websites to allow you to market your tours and allows you to build and track local partnerships with resellers.
- For details on Xola’s unique subscription pricing and suitable options for your business contact +1 (415) 404-9652 or write to the Xola sales team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sales Management: Checkfront can integrate with your website and their mobile app allows you to manage your inventory, track sales and accept payments from the palm of your hand. Allocate shared resources and manage rental availability, collect customizable customer information and set up automatic booking notifications, digital waivers and rental agreements.
- Customer Benefits: Give your guests the freedom to book your equipment when it’s right for them – 24/7. Self-serve customer accounts let customers review and adjust bookings.
- Reporting and Integrations: Granular reporting within your dashboard and detailed downloadable reports to track trends over time. 60+ integrations with various business tools.
- Soho Plan: 2 staff accounts, 1200 bookings per year and Basic support in just $49/month.
- Pro Plan: 5 staff accounts, 3000 bookings per year and Basic support in just $99/month.
- Plus Plan: 10 staff accounts, 6000 bookings per year and Priority support in just $199/month.
- Enterprise Plan: Contact Team Checkfront for custom plans.
Incremental Bookings with TripOutside
The great news is, your shop can take advantage of TripOutside.com, the largest and fastest-growing gear rental marketplace, with any of the above options. We work with many different software options, including the “no software” option. For shops without software, we can provide the shop with a free booking tool for their own website as well. Contact us today to find out how you can be featured!